Saturday, June 27, 2009

A trip down memory lane

Not much to report these days, not working just going to all kinds of doctors appointments that I can’t wait to get out of the way. I really hate doctors. I am still in shock of the death of Michael Jackson this past week I wasn’t a fan but I did like his music.

Last week Sara came to Connecticut it was so great to see her and hang out with her. I always enjoy spending time with her; it is like we relive our teenage years driving around and doing different things, reminisce about the olden days and people we used to know. It takes me back to a time when things were simpler and we were young. Who says you can’t go home again? As much as things have changed in our little town many things do stay the same. All the houses are the same just different owners. Many of the people we used to know have passed away so in some ways it is kind of sad. But there is a few people left.
I live in Saybrook but will always call Essex my home. When I think of all the things that have changed in my life since living back there 14 years ago. And plus many years since Sara and I would hang out when we were teenagers. We used to walk every night downtown Essex and sit on the stone wall by the bank and watch the summer crowds milling around then when she got her drivers license we would drive around. Those days were so important back then. And will always be fond memories for me. I guess you would say I had a really good childhood

2 comments:

  1. Aww!!! I am glad you both had fun!!


    It would have been really interesting to see you two as teenagers!! haha ..Of course..I really am a mix of the two of you... :p that isnt a bad thing of course!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL!! Next time we're going to walk downtown!! I always have a great time "home" too .. with some luck (and money) Doug and I will be back there soon too!!! ;o)

    ReplyDelete