Friday, April 17, 2009

April 17th work day again

Well I had thursday off this week and went into work today, Things seem to be getting better I am catching on to little tips that make things easier. If anyone thinks that dog grooming is easy please think again. It is hard work. There are many things to remember. Each dog gets their ears cleaned out and nails clipped. they each get a bath. after they are clean they get power blow dried to get all the excess water off of them, then they go into their cages and get another dryer put on them to dry the rest of the way. some dogs have to have the little hair pulled out of their ears but not all kinds just certain ones.

Once the dogs are dried then they get a hair cut. some get anal glands expressed while taking a bath not all of them only the ones specified. Some of the dogs we actually comb out and clip down before the bath. Make sense not to have to wash all the hair that is going to get cut off anyway. As the dogs get done they have times for them to be picked up, some want them early, some don't mind if you call them when you are finished. Some times people even call and want to bring in their dogs a bit later in day which we welcome them. So you can start off with a managable morning and end up slammed in the middle of day. That is when things get a little tense. by late afternoon things calm down again.

I get to collect the money when pet parents come in I collect it, then get their son or daughter. and they are on their way. Sometimes I make appointments for them if they don't have one.

So far all the dogs are very sweet I only had one today try to bite me but he missed LOL
At the end of day when the dogs are all picked up, I vacumn and dump the vacumn cleaner if the tub is not cleaned out I do that. I dump all the garbages. clean out the coffee pot.

Tomorrow I was told we are cleaning out cages. at some point when it isn't too busy. probably at the end of the day.

Then I get Sunday and Monday off.

1 comment: